Monday, September 15, 2014

By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass

Email #46
Area: Secunda
Companion: Elder Wilombe

Hey Everyone,

It was a great week and we had a lot going on this week. Monday we had a good pday and we just hung out at the chapel and had a braai just us four. We made a big fire and and it just was a good relaxing day and brought back too many memories of the huge fires we would make when we would go camping. Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Johnson to their area and it was a township called Emba. There are so many people there and when it is time for the schools to get out, the streets are just filled with people. I felt at home in that place, because I have served in all townships until I got here. We saw a ton of people that were cool and some less actives that need some help getting back onto their feet. Wednesday we had zone conference and I thought it was one of the best ones so far on my mission! They had a lot of moving around, so that we wouldn't fall asleep and we even played a game at the end which has never happened before. We had lasagna and salad just like home so that was way nice. We had a long discussion about the Book of Mormon and how we can use it to help investigators and members get more fully converted and how it really is the only way to know that this church is true. I was reading this morning in 2 Nephi 29 to Jacob 2 and the things that I read were just a reaffirmation that the the Book of Mormon is true. If you need a testimony about the Book of Mormon go read those chapters and the promise that Moroni gives us will happen if and only if you have the faith and an unhardened heart. Many harden their hearts and are not mindful that God is the one who will continue to bring knowledge to us. Who says that He can't give more to the world and we will be judged by all that is written. So make sure you know what you are going to be judged upon and you can find out by, oh what's that book called again.... Oh yeah the Book of Mormon, it's blue and it's true so read it! Thursday we had a lesson with a recent convert named George who we see every Thursday. We have been talking about Eternal Marriage in church for the past few weeks. He told us that he heard a voice telling him that he must believe that eternal marriage is real and he can be sealed to his wife forever. Friday we went on splits with the zone leaders again and Elder Koyle came with us that day. He was my district leader when I was in Pimville so it was nice to be in lessons with him again. Lerato had done some reading in the Book of Mormon and last week, Friday we met with her and ask if she wanted to be baptized and said that she wasn't ready to set a goal for herself yet. On Friday she said that she is ready to set a goal for herself and we set for October 19th, so we are super pumped for that!!!! We talked to Synthia and well on Friday and she said that she promises that she will come to church on Sunday! We saw a member and her less active son and he said that he wants to change his life around and he wants to make the first step by coming back to church. Saturday we saw Bridget and her daughter success and it was a lesson I will never forget. We didn't really share a message but just had a talk, a solemn and fervent one but the spirit was so strong. She believes that she has told God all she has on her chest and she is just waiting for God to intervene. I told her a scenario where her daughter lived in Joburg and she told you what was going on and she knew what her daughter was doing and that she was safe, but her daughter all of a sudden stopped talking to her and letting her know what was going on. Just like a cellphone, prayer is our way to talk to God. He is waiting and all you have to do is just start by sending a little text saying what is on you mind and what is going on. She didn't say anything and at first I was scared of the silence, but we sat there until she spoke for 2 or 3 minutes of silence she said that all she wants is happiness and the only time she feels it is when her daughter says something remarkable and that she loves her. Happiness lies within Christ, but she has never felt what it actually feels like and something that came out of my mouth that I thought I wouldn't say. I said the happiness I have is so great that I wish I could give it to someone and she turned and looked at me with tears in her eyes not knowing what to say. God wants happiness for all his children even you, I told her and he is waiting to intervene with his hand stretched out forth towards you and all you have to do is reach for it. Sunday SYNTHIA CAME TO CHURCH!!!!! I was so happy that all the worries of anything and everything went away and I knew at that moment that she will never stop coming to church. The members reached out to her and made her feel so welcomed. We talked about eteranal marriage in gospel principles class. When I see her, I saw her and her husband standing in front of the temple with their two daughters waiting to go inside to be sealed and tonight we are going to talk about the temple. When I first got to this area, I had little faith about its potential and if all I came here for is Synthia's family and Lerato to find the truth, then that is why I was sent here. If you want true happiness and if you want to feel real charity serve a mission, serve those around you, say hello to someone. By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass.

Love,
Elder Bryner


Zone Conference



No comments:

Post a Comment