Monday, January 12, 2015

New Companion, Elder Kalani

Email #63
Area: Motupa
Companion: Elder Kalani

Excerpts from Mom's email:

Well I love my comp he is just the funniest guy and he is just like my trainer. I told dad that he grew up with my trainer Elder Wambua, so they are pretty alike. So it is so easy to get along with him hahaha. We have so much fun always laughing and making jokes and wow he is such a great teacher and has been on mission for like 20 months. So he is almost done, but yeah he is from Kenya and yeah I love him!!! So all the worry about comp was for nothing and I was praying for a good one and I got a good one so yeah God does here my prayers after all hahah!!! Yeah the baptism was so awesome and it was such a good experience for me. When there is no possible way for something to get done you find a way to get it done, don't take failure for an answer! Elder Johnson is my zone leader now, actually he is going on splits with us tomorrow to our area haha and he is actually with us right now haha such crazy stuff. Elder Koyle is in our district and the last AP is here, got released and put here to finish. The village will be baptized just with time, the whole village knows who we are. So there is no problem with getting the church out there its just us teaching them. But yeah I am doing good and loving it! Teaching went pretty good and we are doing good with finding some more people. yeah I have a bead tie like that one and another one. I saw Elder VanDeeren at transfers hope to serve with him even. Well not much to say about this week except my comp is sweet and I love him and I was complaining for nothing he is the coolest guy and I get along with him so well!! haha yeah I couldn't forget to say happy BDay to mommy!!! I love you mom!!!! I hope that you have a good week!!!
Love,
Elder Bryner

Excerpts from Dad's email:

I am lucky I have a planner to know what day it is cuz sometimes the days just blend together and feels like days ahead when it is only the first day of the week. Things are so great, I love my new companion!! He is from Kenya the same place that my trainer is from and they actually went to primary together growing up. We get along great and have no problems. We are laughing all the time and the days just run by! I really prayed for a good one and I got one. He goes home in march so I think I might be with him until he goes home well that is what I am hoping for. His name is Elder Kalani!! Yeah the baptism was so crazy, but it worked out great and nothing was a problem. Well we were kinda rushing, but the senior couples got pictures so we need them to send them to us so I need to talk to them about it. Elder Downs got to baptize him and I confirmed him yesterday, so that was cool. We have 3 more on date that are part member family as well. Two are part member, actually and the other one is a friend to a member but is very shy. She is about nine, the investigator, and is very very very shy did I mention that! So we are taking it very slow with her, but she comes to church already so many times! We had 53 at church yesterday and President Dunn and his wife were there too. We had 7 investigators at church too, so that was awesome. We are finding more and more everyday not by knocking, but just by walking and people just stop us and ask what we do. I am excited to make some good braai for you guys when I get home some African dishes, haha hope you guys like them!!! I am in the right place and I wish I could stay longer!!!!! I feel so at home here! ...Not many stories, but just the cool attendance at church is all and that we are finding a little bit more now than before which is good and the members are starting to feed us more now. We get the truck two days out of the week, not sure if I told you that already. I am doing great and hope to be here for a long time haha!!! I love you paps and hope that you have a good week.

His apartment

New South African scripture bag

Elder Bryner and Khomotso, she is a member.

Refenste and Khomotso, both members

Elder Kalani and Khomotso

Chicken feed and pap for dinner

Elder Bryner out on the trail

Elder Kalani

Their form of transportation. Odd to see them drive on the other side of the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment