Monday, February 16, 2015

Staying in Motupa. Said good bye to Elder Johnson.

Email #68
Area: Motupa
Companion: Elder Kalani

Excerpts from Mom's email:

Well I am still here in the village and get to stay with Elder Kalani still for another transfer and I am way pumped about that!! Haha just a little bit weird haha, but that why I love you haha!!! I was so excited to go and do all that stuff with the other guys and to be able to see the hippo and I think we are going to make a plan to go to Kruger in the next month or so! I stayed up here and the other 3 missionaries went down. The rest of us stayed up here and are going to the area tomorrow just like normal. But hopefully this coming Sunday we will have a baptism planned. But there isn't water again so hopefully we can figure out a plan to get water. We might have to do the same thing as last time, but we will have to see. I am so pumped that I got to stay with Elder Kalani another transfer. It would have been so dumb if I would have gone a week before we have a baptism planned. Saying goodbye to Elder Johnson was kinda weird haha but I will see him shortly. Elder Kalani can't drive so I drive every time we have the car, but that is only 3 times a week. I can't complain that is better than nothing and having to walk everyday. It has been really hot the last week, but last night was actually pretty cold so that was nice to be able to sleep when it was cold like that. But I am doing good other than that! I haven't heard about the package yet, but I think that the guys that went down will bring it back up for me. I don't have much more to report on other than I stayed here and i'm good!! Hope that you have a good week and I love you!!!

Excerpts from Dad's email:

Yeah it was nice to be able to write you guys! It was pretty crazy to be able to go and feed a hippo and do all that and yeah they are the most dangerous and more people are killed by a hippo than by any other animal here. Haha, but like you said it was raised by humans from birth. It sleeps in the house and watches tv and all that stuff. It also goes and eats with the wild hippos, but then comes back. The next few months it will start to cool off hopefully haha! Yeah the power goes off all the time in the village and sometimes here in Tzaneen too, but not as often. I asked President Dunn, but I forgot already. I am pretty sure that I get home the end of October, I think the 28 if I am right. I am pretty sure that it is that day! Haha what school already NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I am thinking of doing dentistry and SLCC has a class for that so I think I might try that and also job shadowing for our orthodontist because I want to specialize in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment