Monday, November 25, 2013

First Baptism

Email #4
Area: Pimville Zone 1
Companion: Elder Wiltse

Hey Everyone,

Everything is going great and have enjoyed this past week. It has flown by and I have learned a lot. I recently tried some chicken feet and that was definitely something new. The food here is really something, I just hope I don't try something that will make me sick haha. It's hard sometimes to answer some peoples questions but I'm glad my companion knows. We teach a lot of children that's just because they are more willing to here the gospel and more receptive. The members are great and me and 3 other Elders were invited to eat at a members house this past Sunday and it wasn't too bad, it was actually pretty good. My companion was helping them prepare the desert we had which was custard and peaches and the members can their own peaches and after we got to the flat he told me that there was mold in the peaches. I haven't gotten sick yet and I think that I'll be okay. One of the companionship's in our district got in a car accident and totaled their car, but they are okay. It was a shock to hear, because they told us the next day when they needed a ride to their area. Now we have three companionship's in one car for about 2 weeks so we'll see how that goes. I'll have my first baptism this Sunday, but I won't be baptizing them. Our mission pres. encourages that the members baptize them so I don't think I will baptize anyone anytime soon, but that's okay because I'm the one that brought them to the gospel. I hope everyone has a good week. I love you all so much!

Love
Elder Bryner


Excerpts from Dad's email

...I cut my own hair this week and I didn't do too bad. Everything is going pretty good and the food is not too bad so far... It's really hard to understand some people holy cow sometimes I have to ask like 3 times what they said. My companion and I are going to start doing some language study to help and we'll probably learn Zulu so I'll know some of that when I get home hopefully. That would be cool to share my testimony in Zulu.

Love you pops

No comments:

Post a Comment