Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mom & Dad's first email from MTC

Email #1
Area: MTC


Excerpts from Dad's email

I'm so glad that I could talk to you and mom! It was hard, but brought peace to my mind knowing I got to speak with you and mom. Tell Jaren and Jaela that I love them and pray for them all the time. I pray every morning and night and I can tell that it is making a huge difference in my experience so far, because really God is the only one I have at this point to turn to.... I think of you guys all the time and your in the every single one of my 30 prayers a day. You're a great dad pops and have taught me so much and I'm so appreciative of you. I'll try to send home written letters as much as I can, but right now I don't have a lot of time to sit down and write a good solid letter. I miss you guys a lot... Stay strong pops it's only 2 years not as quite as long as eternity!! I will definitely mark your scripts up. They're not teaching us to memorize lessons, but to teach people and not lessons. To adapt to the person you are teaching and not go by the lesson prepared, but by the spirit. I told mom, but I want to encourage you guys to have family prayer every night before you put Jaela to bed, because I pray every single night and write in my journal as well and I have seen a huge improvement in myself and I can feel the blessings just pouring down on the family...

My companions name is Elder Van Heerden and has made such an impact on me so far. I forgot to tell mom, but we also went to the Johannesburg temple on Tuesday and got pictures, but I won't be able to send those home until I get into the field.

I love you and tell Jaren and Jaela that I love them too.

Love your dearest son,
Elder Bryner

Excerpts from Mom's email


Yeah it's really hard so far trying to adapt to everything. I know I'm suppose to be here doing this. It will definitely take some time getting used to, but I know it will be worth it. My next pday won't be until a week from this coming Monday, because our pday in the MTC is on Thursday so we'll have to wait awhile. It's a huge difference than from what I expected it to be for sure. I was so relieved that I got my bags. I feel your prayers everyday and your spirit. We toured London and that was so awsome!! I could'nt believe that I was in London! I took some pictures, but I'll have to send them when I get into the field. I have a really cool companion! He's from Zimbabwe, but he's white so that's something new! He's 20 years old too and we also have a 22 year old here. We have 23 missionaries in this MTC. sorry if its all jumbled together, as I type I think of something to say. I love you mom always and you're always in my prayers.

Love,
Your dear son Elder Bryner

No comments:

Post a Comment