Monday, February 24, 2014

Easter Memories, Miracle with Elder Quigley

Email #17
Area: Pimville Zone 1
Companion: Elder Wambua

Hey Everyone,
Another week came and gone like the wind. I can't believe the time that is going by and by the end of this transfer I will be farther than I was at the last one. I try not to keep track of the amount of time that I have left. I keep track of the days in the week Monday through Sunday and the days just fly. It's almost Easter and when I went to the store to get groceries I saw a lot of Easter stuff and candy. Made me think of the times we went to St. George for Easter with the family and when we would be at home and paint eggs and I remember when I was about 12 painting eggs and my parents would video tape every Easter. I sounded like a 5 year old, I had not quite hit puberty yet haha!! Just remember to cherish every minute that you spend with you loved ones. Although you have eternity with each other doesn't give you that excuse to not spend time with them. I have experienced it and wish I hadn't but I have the rest of my time to make it up to them. It still is really hot and rainy but the cooler temps are coming and it won't rain as much here thankfully. I only have one more summer to go then it is back to the snowy Utah plains.

Less actives are starting to come back to church now. So happy!! He knows the sacrifices they make to go to church and will bless them. They just have to realize it for themselves, because that is how they use their agency. I love it but there are times that are hard, but that's what strengthens you as a person. When all seems to be going right and all is good there seems to always be trials and tribulations but the reason is the Lord sees that you are ready to stretch yourself even more and that is how we develop a greater spirit and faith. Things couldn't be better and I am so grateful that the Lord is blessing me with the things that I have and the love and support that I get from you and others. Each day is another behind us but don't take for granted the strength and effort and always and never lose you trust in Him.

I witnessed a miracle with Elder Quigley this week. We were on exchanges in a area called Diepkloof and we were visiting this girl names Rachael and she just had a cousin die that was like a twin brother to her and they were inseparable. I couldn't believe the things that these people experience, I won't go into detail of how he died but just the fact that she was in the process of forgiving the man who had done this. Elder Quigley recently had a best friend pass away and they were meant to speak to each other. She said that there was no one she could talk to and no one understood what she was going through and that one person was Elder Quigley. My mission President said that I would be witnessing some miracles this transfer and I just have to be able to recognize them when it would happen. Other missionaries in the district said that he was leaving the last transfer but he was the only one who said he was staying and he didn't know why, but that night we found out why. The hand of the Lord is in all things if we are willing to let him. Everything is done in the wisdom of Him that knoweth all things.

Love,
Elder Bryner

No comments:

Post a Comment