Monday, June 23, 2014

Baptism next week

Email #34
Area: Cosmo City
Companion: Elder Kwabaisi

Excerpts from Mom's email:

The Maake family is so nice and just loves to feed the missionaries and to take care of them. It was home made cheesecake haha, there is a recipe book in our flat so I looked it up and made it. We make it pretty often for people and members, it really helps develop a good relationship and I took a picture so I will have to make it when I get home...The work is going good and I am having just a great time and enjoying it so much!!! I am so excited for the baptisms this week hopefully 7, so that will just be a record breaker for me haha. I hope all is well in the home, send love to the kids and the ward members tell them that I miss and love them!!!!!

Excerpts from Dad's email:

Yeah we are doing great and I am so excited for the baptisms this week and I hope everything will go as planned! The past few ones have been a little hectic behind the scenes so hopefully it won't be as stressful this time...The world cup is huge here almost every house that we go to the game is on. It is on late most of the time, it is just reviews of the games but it is cool. The people here love soccer so much so they have bbq all the time and music just blasting since the kids are out of school this week.

2 comments:

  1. Question; My son 18 is preparing going to Johannesburg mission, and his father is not a member. I want my husband to feel comfortable where my son is heading. How have you been regarding safety walking / biking / or driving from house to house in the areas you served? Do you go to the area where is very very remote?
    How about drinking water, etc...
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Bryner is doing great. So far he is having a lot of success and has not had any problems. The people are wonderful to him and treat him with respect. He has only been in a couple areas around Johannesburg and not had any issues with drinking the water. There are rules that he follows that help he and his companion stay safe. I think your son will really love the people in South Africa. I wish him the best of luck on his mission. Our prayers are with you and your family and all the other missionaries out there serving the Lord.

    ReplyDelete