Monday, June 30, 2014

Baptism for seven new members

Email #35
Area: Cosmo City
Companion: Elder Kwabaisi

Hey Everyone,

A great week just happened and nothing could make me any happier than to see 7 people find their way to the waters of baptism and to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. There are some things that you can only witness on a mission and right now I want to encourage anyone who is thinking about going on a mission. Don't think about it just do it, because it will seriously change your life forever. You will see yourself grow from day one, leaving your family in the airport to leaving a family in each area. When you finally finish which I am not nearly close, but I know the things that I plan and hope to be thinking. I left a young boy and returned to be a mature and responsible man! You are in the time of the most choice of God's children and just to add on, it is a commandment for the boys and you are being selfish. Not to be harsh, but this is a life that God gave to you as a gift and what you do with this life is your gift to God.

The oldest was 60 year woman and the next was a 25 year old with a sister of 12 and a daughter of 8. She wanted her daughter to be baptized as well. There was a 16 year old boy and two 10 year old twins and they are related. I was privileged to baptize five of them, the ones ages 16 and under. It was just a humbling experience to see young kids come and make a commitment and be converted. Their testimonies were just like they have been members all their life and that was a time that I will never forget! I pray that they will never lose their way, because they are almost to the stage of drifting away and without the support they won't make it. But I know they have support and will never fall away from the church!! A mission is amazing and I see the hand of God in my everyday work that I am doing for Him! Love you all!

Elder Bryner


Excerpts from Dad's email:

The branch president told us that we are on fire and the leadership can't keep up with us. He said it is a good problem and I just started laughing when he said that. He works for the church translation stuff, so he is pretty busy and hasn't been to any of the baptisms we have had. Me and my companion hope to be able to stay together until September and to bring more and more to Christ! We get along so well and last night was just to funny we were just up laughing so hard about the funniest things. I seriously love my mission paps and I can't fathom how I would feel if I had never came. For those that don't go, they really are missing something that will change their life forever!

Elder Bryner, Amanda, Balindile, Sister Dorkus, Thabang, Elder Kwabaisi
Sindi, Thumelang and Thumelo

Elder Bryner, Thumelang, Thabang, Thumelo and Elder Kwabaisi

Elder Kwabaisi, Amanda, Balindile, Sister Dorkus, Elder Bryner
and Sindi

Elder Bryner, Amanda, Balindile, Sister Dorkus, Thabang, Elder Kwabaisi
Sindi, Thumelang and Thumelo

Amanda's family, Amanda, Balindile, Elder Bryner
Elder Kwabaisi and Sindi

Thumelang, Thabang and Thumelo

Sister Dorcus

Amanda, Sindi and Balindile

Elder Shupe, Amanda, Balindile, Sister Dorcus, Sister Shupe
and Sindi

Thumelang, Thumelo and their family

Sister Dorcus and her family

No comments:

Post a Comment