Monday, January 27, 2014

Awesome week, Leading the area

Email #13
Area: Pimville Zone 1
Companion: Elder Wambua

Hey Everyone,
Wow what an amazing week and how fast it went by is the craziest thing. I look back on the first week I got into the field and it feels like yesterday that I taught my first lesson and now I am leading the lessons and leading my area. It's so exciting and this week we taught 39 lessons and they are all quality lessons. We are trying to find the best investigators that will best keep their commitments and come to church, but it is hard sometimes because the chapel isn't in our area so its hard to get people to come to church. The people here are so different than back home. They will stare at you for at least a minute straight and even if you stare back they keep going. It's so funny because people look at me like I am a Moon Man or from Mars or something. I am the only white persons within a 30 mile radius and it makes me laugh so hard when people drive. They completely turn their heads around while they are driving and just keep staring.  My presence in the area has almost caused accidents, because its just abnormal to see a white guy walking the streets of a township where there is only Africans. No worries they respect me, because they think that I am a policeman and think that when I walk into a house I am going to come out with someone in hand cuffs haha so funny.

Love,
Elder Bryner


No comments:

Post a Comment