Monday, November 3, 2014

Miacles happen... Hump Day shirt burning.

Email #53
Area: Secunda
Companion: Elder Going

Hey Everyone,

So for hump I burned one of my shirts and tie, because I didn't do it when I was 6 months. I didn't really do anything besides burn that stuff. So the story about the girl goes like this. It was a hot day and we have been looking for the less actives on the branch list and we found one of them named Thato. She works at the college as a secretary, but we found her 3 weeks ago. We had planned to meet with her this past week and as we were trying to find the other 2 less actives house we couldn't find it. We thought it was written down wrong and street name and house number were wrong. So we tried to go down another street, but couldn't find the house number. As we were going down the street we see this girl that was walking through a soccer field. We turned and looked at her and she said as she was pointing at us "I know you". We stopped right there and threw down the window and found out it was the less active girl we have been trying to find for 3 weeks. We also found out the 3 less active people are sisters, so we met with all of them this past Tuesday. The Thato girl that works at the college came to church this past Sunday and bore her testimony about how she has been praying for 3 missionaries to come to her home. What do you know there were four of us that found her, so miracles happen all the time!!! Well that is the story in the finest! So the mail is just ridiculous now so I won't worry about mail or anything for awhile just write emails. Synthia is doing good and she feeds us everytime we go over there so that is nice. We are starting to get close with the members now so that is good. Still not any referrals, but they will come around. Yeah but she wants to be baptized with her daughter when she turns eight in January next year. So I am not sure what will happen, but it is fine it is how the work goes and I know that it was for a good reason. We haven't made any food for them really, we just help her cook sometimes. I know how to make some of the traditional foods now, so I will have to make for you guys when I get home! I am enjoying my mission and it gets better everyday, have a good week!

Love,
Elder Bryner


Hump Day, burning a shirt and tie










No comments:

Post a Comment