Monday, December 1, 2014

Transferred to Motupa Limpopo

Email #57
Area: Motupa
Companion: Elder Downs

Hey Everyone,

Here I am in Limpopo, It is so hot here haha, but a few times during the week it has been nice and cloudy and a little rain which helps with the heat but not the humidity. I email at a shop, so I am just checking how the computers work and everything before I start plugging all my stuff into them and making sure I don't get viruses and stuff. But my area is called Motupa and is a village. We walk everyday and we get dropped off in our area and takes about 30 minutes to get there from our flat. This is the nicest flat I have stayed in since I have been here so that is nice, but at night sometimes it is a little rough trying to get to sleep because it is too hot. We walk on average 3 to 5 miles everyday and the people thinking that we are satanist, haha some of them. The members are way cool and we have a group. There are 40 people on average at church, but 20 of them are primary age haha!! We stay in the town Tzaneen so it is pretty nice here. The internet is pretty fast, but we will see how pics will go next week.

My comp is from Kansas and just got done training last transfer. So this is my second time doing follow up training so I could be with him for 2 transfers. We have 4 senior couples and 8 missionaries in our district. There are only 3 from the states, one from Czech Republic, One from New Zealand, other from Netherlands, Port Elizabeth, and Malowi! Very unique district. I think that I am the oldest on mission in the district, so that is definitely weird!!! We have about 5 really good investigators and we just had a confirmation yesterday so they baptize here haha! People listen, but they get prosecuted for joining the church so staying active is sometimes hard for them. We have about 10 less actives that we work with. We work with a really sweet member named Bongani and he is about 17 and is going on his mission next year. He goes out with us everyday. They don't speak Zulu here, so I have to learn another language haha it is called Spedi. So a lot different than Zulu, but I got the hang of it so far. I can greet everyone and even say "stay well" and "thank you". So I will be speaking it fluently in no time. The chapel isn't like Cosmo City, but is a small building and a tin roof. Next week I will send pics of it. Haha my companion looks like Clark Kent, his name is Elder Downs.

It was a sure change coming here and it took about 5 hours from the mission office to get here, so don't send letters for awhile. There are two areas being white washed, but mine is not one of them. The town Tzaneen and a village called Modjaji. We have the heaviest village you could say, or the most village you can get haha so it is very interesting how people are here. Just like you would see on the tv. Old magogo's (grandmas) with big bags of water on their head as they walk. Kids playing in the street. Mango trees every where, which I love mangos now haha! So far I love it and it will be a good time here. I definitely sweat like no other, so I will be slim pretty soon! My comp is pretty cool so far. I will for sure miss Secunda and the people there and even members were telling me that I better invite them to my wedding. They would definitely come so I can't forget that!!!!! Well that is pretty much what I had for you, not much else happened. I am pretty content, but I still think about my last area a lot and wonder why I left. I do like it here so far, so that is good at least. This past week was just the longest week of my mission so far. I am sure I will say it again haha, but we will see hopefully it goes faster but not too fast! Next week I will send pics. Have a good week!!!

Love,
Elder Bryner

Thanksgiving dinner with the district



No comments:

Post a Comment