Monday, July 13, 2015

Interview with new mission president, transition going great

Email #88
Area: Kwa Guqa
Companion: Elder McClellan

Excerpts from Mom's email:

Yeah things were good this week, interview was really nice and as of now the release date is the same and everything. (Are we) Being moved to another place, I'm not sure what will happen. My comp told the MP that I wanted to finish here, so we'll see if he takes that into consideration. He didn't really give me much to work with as far as what will happen. He really seems to work with inspiration as he is supposed to. I got about 3 months left, so whatever happens it's for the best. The investigators, we didn't see this week well Mimie. We found another guy that came to church a few times in the past and came to church along with another person that were seeing. Prince and Gavin are their names, that we usually try and see. A less active came to church and brought her boyfriend with her that isn't a member. He's not in our area, but its still cool. We had a guy come to church that got invited by a less active in our area, so hopefully we can see him next week his name is Sean. Yeah the transition is good, it actually isn't too much of a transition, because we didn't go to bots or anything. The MP, I like him so that's good. There is a ton on my plate right now, but the members are so supportive and love us especially sister Mphoreng and sister Sharon. It's a ton of pressure to finish strong, but I know the rewards of doing so. What comes to your mind is usually what I need to hear, because I'm far from being perfect and have countless things I could do better at, but one step at a time. Thanks for encouraging me, I love you mommy!!!

Excerpts from Dad's email:

The week was really good, the interview was really nice! He really likes sports, so we related with that a lot and talked a ton about sports and high school. He reminds me a lot of Pres Omer. He is really humble and when you ask him a question, he takes a minute to think about the answer. For now he isn't sure how transfers will go as far as movement, but my companion told him that I really want to finish my mission in this area, I love it here so we'll see what happens. I think they like it then they can go into another mission if they are younger on mission, they get a possibility. The investigators were gone this week, so we didn't see them. That's so cool you talked to him (next door neighbor) I actually thought about him the other day and yeah that'd be cool to talk to him when I get home. I will definitely ask (him to come to my homecoming) and I'm used to rejection haha, so hope he will consider it. The weather is up and down here, sometimes its really cold and sometimes its average. It will definitely get colder here in a couple weeks. Hope things are good with the house and other things you got going on there. Hope the whole family is well!! I love you paps!

Love,
Elder Bryner


No comments:

Post a Comment