Monday, June 15, 2015

20th Birthday!!!

Email #84
Area: Kwa Guqa
Companion: Elder McClellan

Excerpts from Mom's email:

Hey mom, yeah it was a really good week and the temple was really nice got the answers I've been looking for. Sis Shaw said she knew you, so that wasn't a shock haha. Seems like you know almost everyone that I run into. I got some scripture cases for you guys, they are really cool. We knew about the video they told us about it and to just have something on mind you want to tell your dad. Yeah I really liked the scarf and they fed all of us, so that was really nice of them. She got me some other stuff like hot chocolate and some other biscuit type things. That party for me is this coming Saturday, so I'm looking forward to that. Well my birthday was really nice the Mphoreng family called me in the morning and sang happy birthday. Well mom I hope that you have a good week and that I love you.

Excerpts from Dad's email:

My birthday was awesome and had a lot of fun and went to a few people houses and they fed us. I have met some really nice people here and I love them so much they are just like my second family. I feel at home here, it feels like I never left home. The father's day video was actually planned and they told us just to think of something that you want to tell your father for father's day. We just happened to be lucky enough to be going to the temple at that time so they chose us missionaries to do it. There is a family that the daughter who goes to university in Pretoria and she is the only one who goes to church usually her family. They are throwing me a party this Saturday because the mom's birthday is also this month on the 30. They wanted to do it in the middle for both of us. I'm doing good and loving this place, it keeps getting better everyday growing closer to these people. I definitely want to come back really soon and see them. The time has gone by so fast and doesn't seem slow at all. Trying my best to keep going. It's getting down to the reserve tanks haha, but just that i love this place is helping a lot. I will probably be here one more transfer and then leave somewhere else, but it's not what I want to do. I think it might happen. I took some pics on my birthday and tomorrow I'll take more. It's just kinda hard to send, them but next week I'll send some. Were still teaching Thabo and he has a wife and two kids. We are going to start teaching one of his friends soon hopefully, it's just that he works a lot. Were still trying to get referrals from members and we'll get some soon hopefully. Yeah the guitar is really fun, I actually bought a guitar it was like 50$ for early birthday present. A couple of elders in my district know how to play and they taught me the basic notes. I got a simplified hymn book that has guitar notes and I basically teaching myself at the moment with new songs and just playing around with it. I am trying to make a song, but yeah I will teach you when I get home. I actually wanted to get one when I got home so that I could keep playing. Everything is great still and hope to be with my comp another transfer or to even be with him till we both go home which is the same time. It could happen because there are so many going home and not equivalent coming out. They will have to close areas, so one of the Kwa-guqa might get closed because there are two. All is well and I will do my best to keep pressing forward and I hope that you have a great fathers day paps!! I love you!!!

I was very lucky to get to have a special video from James for father's day. I want give a special thank you to ASEA (Africa Southeast Area) Public Affairs for putting this video together.

Video 1, James' Father's Day video

Video 1, James' Father's Day video


No comments:

Post a Comment