Monday, June 8, 2015

Staying busy, teaching a lot. Learning how to play the guitar

Email #83
Area: Kwa Guqa
Companion: Elder McClellan

Excerpts from Dad's email:

Things are going well, we had another good week. We didn't meet that lady because we painted the Mphorengs house in one of their rooms. What sucks is I forgot to bring my camera, so didn't get any pics. The BOM's, they give a box of about 50 and we use them as we need them and order as we need them. We can order Zulu and most of any of the languages that are spoken here, they even have Portuguese. (You said you play the organ) The organ haha, no I don't memorize the music, the piano has a selection of hymns and you can choose which one and then you can hit play verse and play intro stuff like that. It's not so impressive, haha but just to push a button so I've been doing it for them for about 4 weeks now. I am learning how to play the guitar and a few more songs on the piano too. So that is nice its going pretty good. I can play any song on the guitar as long as I have the notes. I can read piano music okay, just the right hand, but I'm just being taught a song by someone and just memorizing it. So those less actives we had at church, one is a mom to a good friend of mine and she hasn't been to church in a year or so. She is the lady that is throwing me a party for my birthday. She and two other less actives came to church yesterday so that was so cool. They were two guys lucky and happy they are my age and we have been working with them and we working with the friend of mine and she is a great help. She talks to them and tries to help us bring the less actives back. We taught about 23 lessons this past week and that was pretty good. We have been trying to work with the less actives especially those around our age. (When you guys teach a lesson, do you take turns?) We switch during the lessons and we try and teach just a few points in each lesson, so that they can slowly learn and make sure they know the stuff. Our teaching pool is getting bigger slowly, but surely. Still working with Thabo, he is the guy that owns the water filtration place. He has been around members his whole life basically, so someday he will accept. Today for p-day we'll probably go to a place called Middleburg and do something there, it is just 20 kilometers away from here. Were just going to check it out and see whats there. I've been to the game park where that American woman was killed and they specifically tell you to keep windows up. I don't know why she didn't listen and when we went that's what we did and we didn't get eaten.


No comments:

Post a Comment