Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Working with less actives

Email #94
Area: Motupa
Companion: Elder Kosi-poku


Excerpts from Mom's email:

Well I'm just peachy haha! We went to Kruger national park yesterday so we are emailing today well me and my comp. I took heaps of pics so I will try and send some of them, I changed the setting on the camera so some of them are higher quality to I will send as many as I can because it will take some time for them to send. Well last week was good and unfortunately Pinky told us that she will be out of town for the next 3 weeks at her moms place so that is a buzz kill. We got some referrals this past week so hopefully those will go somewhere. Not really too much to report on, but at church yesterday was quite funny. We don't really have a pianist so when the Meldrums were here they taught piano so now the kids that took the class are now playing the piano in sacrament meeting so you can imagine how that goes haha. So this Sunday one of them, a boy named Phetole, was playing high on a mountain top and basically having some trouble so in the end me and my comp were the only ones singing the hymn haha. It was so funny, but hopefully the group will get better as time goes on. The less active lady is still well less active and we haven't been able to find her at her house. She is actually the relief society pres I think I told the story, but yeah we're still trying with her. They are preparing to go to the temple here in about a month and one of the recent converts that was baptized the week before I got here, the first time, will be a year shortly and so she is really excited about the temple and everything about it. Things are good with my comp I really like him we really get along well and have common interests like soccer and sports and stuff. You know I am not really sure who my favorite comp is I don't really have one. Time with Elder Kelly was good and I learned a lot with him. His story is unique and it was more of encouragement and that things will work out for him were things we talked about, but it was nice. Io ideas on last area unfortunately, but most likely here because my comp has been here now six months. Favorite area is Cosmo and Kwaguqa, but they all have left a mark on me forever. Yeah I guess I'm excited for the most part, seeing you and the family will be nice.

Excerpts from Dad's email:

Yeah so Pinky went to her moms place for 3 weeks so now we haven't seen her for awhile so hopefully when she gets back we can start where we left off. It seems to go like that when you get a good person they just go somewhere for a time and return a different person so we'll see how she does when she gets back. I told mom most of the stuff that happened this past week but its hard to think that in less than 3 months I'll be home. To think of the amount of people I have met in just two years is weird and I just want to keep that relationship with as many as possible.

Love,
Elder Bryner


No comments:

Post a Comment