Monday, October 5, 2015

Lot's of service projects, Pictures of heritage day

Email #100
Area: Motupa
Companion: Elder Paul


Excerpts from Mom's email:

It was a good week. We had lots of service and stuff to do. We helped a guy do his yard and clear out the weeds. We fetched water for some of our members. We went to an orphanage/day care to play with the kids in Lenyenye, that was really fun. We played duck duck goose, musical chairs and they danced for us some of their traditional dances they have. We also went to Lenyenye to help prepare a garden for one of the members to plant. We started at around 8:30 and finished around 12 so it was quite the job. This week we got some more service planned and to go back to the day care place again and have some more planned activities we can do with them. We have zone meeting this week Friday as well and then zone conference the following Saturday so the last few weeks will be busy with stuff. I think we are also planning a time when we can go to a members house and slaughter and clean a chicken so that will be interesting and fun. We had a good turn out at church again with 3 investigators at church and 3 less actives. We are now teaching Solomon's wife and the sister as well along with her. Pinky came to church with all her kids and the 2 other daughter and mom came to church as well.

We watched conference and it was nice to because I wasn't when I would be able to see until I come home so it was nice to at least see parts of it. It will be a big adjustment to have to come back to freezing cold and yeah haha I can see that you are well prepared. I'll send some pics of what we did on heritage day. We just ate the traditional food and had a seminar with the ward in Lenyenye. Yeah the shirts, I would have a better idea than she would because she has had me take clothes to the village before and give them away so I'll figure something out, she says hello by the way. So we have to drive to be in bots on Monday at 3 at the mission home and we will have interviews and a departing dinner. I'm the only one in my district that is leaving. It will be a hectic time to get to bots because there are a lot of new missionaries coming in so they have to be paired with the trainer so we will get more details about it as it gets closer. I hope that you have a good week and I probably won't have a chance to email that Monday before I get home because we'll be driving, but yeah I love you and ill send those pics!!

Excerpts from Dad's email:

Yeah the week flew by and I can't even believe that it is Monday already. The reason for emailing on Tuesday is because we had done some stuff like waterfalls and stuff so didn't have time. We have 8 elders here so we have to plan well in order for all of us to email. I'm excited to see how good she has gotten over the years. The work is good we are slowly finding more and more investigators just by the ones we already have. We should be having a baptism maybe next month or two so hopefully Elder Paul will send pics to me. Haha no white people here, I am the only one haha! But yeah the weeks are just going by and we got a lot of fun stuff planned for the coming weeks so I am excited to be able to finish up with some nice memories. But I hope things are going well for you and all the projects around the house and at work. I love you paps!!!

Love,
Elder Bryner

Elder Bryner dressed up for heritage day

Elder Bryner & Elder Paul dressed up for heritage day



No comments:

Post a Comment